Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Moon is upside down (& other observations)

Yes, it is upside down. I love looking at it. Right now it looks like a smiley face and I reckon in 2 weeks it'll look like a frown. I tried to find something smart of the web about why that is, but you'll just get this picture I found. You can Google it your self (Try: Moon Southern Hemisphere). Right now it doesn't look at pretty at this one, but you get the idea.

Taken from http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnamiller/sets/442558/


Australian drivers don't care for pedestrians. I believe they would gladly just run you over, especially pedestrians who still don't know which way to look before crossing the street (despite it clearly being written on the pavement "Look Right" "Look Left").

Australians do love their sweet chilli sauce and damn is it ever good, especially with sour cream and wedges. Yum yum! They also like turkish food (it's the after-drink food to eat). Sandwiches made with turkish bread are the best. My own little concoction consists of sliced deli chicken meat, cheese, spinach and tomatoe with a fine layer of hummus, toasted in the greatest sandwich grilling machine ever! I should take a picture next time I make it.

Finally, Newtown MUST have the greatest number of restaurants per capita. In the short 10 minute walk I took to the bank and to grab gelato (yummy Bacci) there were at least, 10 thai, 2 sushi, 2 italian, 3 turkish, a spanish and vietmanese restaurants, plus 3 gelato places, 5 bars, 4 convenience stores, 3 chemists (pharmacies) and 10 clothing shops. That all on one street, probably wihtin 1 km distance and I'm not even exagerrating and wasn't even paying attention all that much. I'm sure there are more. Point is: I love Newtown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you sound like a hick with what you've written. Frosh week starts soon, cant wait for school to start!