Sunday, August 20, 2006

Another funfilled weekend :)

It started Friday night with drinks at Kuletos during Happy Hour and dinner at Newtown Cocina for Mexican food. I went with some people I met last weekend at Vbar and some others who I hadn’t met before. It was a great time. Had a few cocktails, a weird chilli and fruit juice shot and a mega beef quesadilla. After, we went to the Marly Bar around the corner from my place for more drinks and music. I left at around 11 because I was so tired.

Saturday morning I went to Bondi. I met up with Mike who used to live there and was able to show me around. We walked from Bondi Junction to the beach and then along the rocks, which I nearly slipped and fell on! I looked at a hostel and inquired about Christmas pricing. I’m going to stay in Bondi the last week before I head back to Canada so I need to make reservations soon because they fill up quick!
A really big rock that was washed closed to shore during a massive storm years ago. Waves were crashing right behind me. It was really pretty.

Overlooking Bondi Beach

And then after lunch at Oporto’s for a really good chicken meal, we sat on the beach with Kristina. The day was gorgeous. We just chatted and soaked up the sun. Then we went for coffee and again, sat and chatted. Kristina had to leave, so Mike and I continued looking at hostels. I went into 5 more and now I have 2 to choose from. I think I’ll go with Lamrock Lodge, which is 2 minutes from the beach and has really nice hardwood flooring. It’ll be about $30 per night for a dorm room which isn’t bad.

Coffee with Mike and Kristina

I was going to go to the Engineering Revue which is like SkuleNite… a evening of sketch comedy, but I wouldn’t be able to make it back in time so Mike suggested calling some people up and going to Candy’s Apartment. We headed to his flat in Coogee which isn’t that long away but we had to take 3 buses! After waiting for a half hour before getting in because Mike forgot his keys and missing 2 buses to get back to Newtown, we finally made it back to my place at midnight. Sadly, the couple of people we invited out with us were either too tired, broke or had other plans. But he invited his friend, Azra and she met us in Newtown. We got a bite to eat and bought some drinks and hung around my place. We relaxed and listened to some music, chatted and drank. Some wine and champagne later, we headed to Candy’s Apartment in Kings Cross at around 2am.

We got in after some clever name dropping on Mike’s part and just danced the night away. I danced so hard my left foot and right knee where in pain the next day. It was a fun night with really great dirty house tunes. Got home and crashed at 6am.

Sunday was more subdued. After sleeping in an having a big breakfast, I went to a National Rugby League game which was a field trip for my Sports in Australian Culture class. It was a hot and beautiful day. I didn’t understand a bit of what was going on but it was enjoyable. It was great to see the fan cheering and booing. Those rugby boys are pretty fit and the game is very physical. One guy was taken off the field in a stretcher. Then I caught a bus to Bondi Junction where I met up with Kristina and Kristen for Thai. Kristen and I headed back early because we were both wiped and I went to bed just after 9. I needed all the sleep I could get!


NRL: Sydney Roosters vs. Paramatta Eels

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats a big rock!

would have been a fun storm to watch!!

D