Saturday, August 12, 2006

Party Weekend in full effect - I *heart* Sydney

Yesterday I didn't do anything during the day. I did some groceries, made some breakfast at 2pm. Then I went to sleep until 8:30!! Then made some dinner.

And here my friends is what happens when your oven looks like a microwave. Using the grill setting (which sounded like a microwave, with the fan and all), I put a piece of salmon on a metal grilling rack. After a few mintues, I wanted to check if it was done, and opened the 'microwave' and grabbed the rack, WITH MY BARE HANDS! God, that was stupid! I burned my fingers and was just stupified by the incident. But the salmon was good and the microwave/oven did a decent job so that open as few more cooking options than I had before.

I called up Kristina and we made plans to meet up at Darling Harbour at Bungalow 8. So after a long wait for the bus and 20 min later, I was walking to the Harbour which is just so pretty at night and is lined with a number lounges, restaurants and a great view (for those who are wondering, it's not the same harbour with the Opera House).
Looking across Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour - King St Wharf

I found Kristina and she introduced me to Allison who was a girl she met on the airplane on her way to Sydney. Two of her friends (one left early though) were there as well and we just had a drink and listened to some great music. Then Nathan, a guy Allison met in Munich while on her Contiki trip joined us. And needless to say, he was pimpin' with 4 beautiful girls by his side...lol
Nathan, Allison, Christina and I

Inside Bungalow 8. Great decor. Cool looking bar. Great outdoor patio.

And here comes one of the many cheesy pick up lines of the night. Kristina and I were outside while she had a smoke and we were chatting. Some guy comes up, interrupts and says, "Were you girls talking about cars?" uhh... no! Then he proceeds to *try* to chat us up. For a guy who is trying to pick up someone and initiate conversation, he wasn't all that talkative. Awkward!
He probably went back to his buddies and they say, "Ah mate, you gave it a good go!" haha.... but he was from Utah so who knows.

Kristina and I got back to out table to find a bottle of champagne and glasses. Apparently, some random dropped it off there and left without trying to pick-up Allison or her friend. So we had a few sips, but it wasn't all that great.

Then we headed a few metres down the harbour to Pontoon. Ugh! Nathan's uncle worked there and got us in without paying the $10 cover! But it was R&B/Hip Hop crap. So last night reiterated the reason I don't go to those clubs:
- it's hot and sticky and stinky
- guys only want to grind with you and get your number (thankfully they didn't try to get mine)
Only after a mintue of dancing with some random from the US, Allison's friend was asked for her number. She refused and he left so fast. Shut down!
- the guys there were so young! Not that care, but there was NO CLASS whatsoever.
- the music sucks and when I dance to that, I feel like a tool. Totally not in my element.

Anyway, we stayed there for a while and eventually just took a seat on the couches. Nathan had all bought us a shot of Tequila. Then at around 2:30 our plan was to go somewhere else. Since half of us had never been to King's Cross, that were we went via a Maxi Taxi!
Our Maxi Taxi - I think it could fit like 10 people.

King's Cross was quite the sight. Heaps of people out on the street but it was pretty dingy. Some nice looking clubs and after trying to get into 2 of them but being turned away cause they were too full, we landed on Candy' Apartment (which is where we were going to go on Friday). It was this cool underground type club. Everyone was just dancing to the great house music (some obviously flying higher than a kite). The only thing I didn't like was the indoor smoking area.... so now I stink of smoke. So we just danced and danced and I danced hard, my back hurts. And we chatted up some people and here comes the second cheesiest line of the night. Some random old dude goes to me: "Do you want to go over there and talk poetry with me?" I was like WTF?!?!? I had to ask him to repeat himself... finally when I understood he actually said poetry. I just said, nah... I'd rather dance and turned away. I told Kristina what he said and had a good laugh. He must have noticed this, cause he came back and said, "I acutally don't know anything about poetry." Yeah, well I figured as much.

Candy' Apartment

Allison friend (I forgot her name, what else is new), Kristina, Me and Allison

We left at around 4:30. I wasn't the slightest bit tired especially after the 6-hour nap, but we left and Nathan drove Kristina and I home. We were all crammed in the front of his utility (i.e. pick up).
Kristina had sore feet, so Nathan carried her to his utility.

So that ends a great night out and hopefully more of that is in the future. I woke up at 11am, had breakfast and now, going to get ready to go out again... hehe... just meeting some people for drinks and hopefully, some good trance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, even down under, ovens get hot...

glad you had fun, sounds like a wicked night!!

D

Anonymous said...

HAHAH OMG, you're such a loser. haha an R&B club. Oh man...oh man.

HAHA, yours truly,
Stephanie...your highly entertained sister

the5cientist said...

"I acutally don't know anything about poetry."

LOLLLLL
amazing... I'm gonna use that.

Paul