Friday, August 25, 2006

A quiet Friday


Since I've been sick which, by the way, I'm feeling heaps better than yesterday, I decided to stay in tonight. Mitch texted me and invited me out for a walk across the Harbour Bridge. So after class, we met up and took a bus to Circular Quay. Then we just wandered around "The Rocks" which is the oldest part of the city. It's where the convicts and the marine crew first settled in Sydney. We finally made our way to the Bridge and walked across to the Northern Shore. The view was really nice across the harbour. The sun was setting but because it was cloudy, we didn't really see it. We walked to Luna Park which is a cute little theme park. You can see the big scary clown face from across the Harbour. God that would freak me out if I lived with that thing in my view 24/7! So I took some really cool night pictures. And then we just headed back. It was starting to get chilly. We took a bus back to Newtown and then grabbed a bite to eat at Hoochie Mamma's (the bar/grill on rez). Now I'm just chatting on line and wasting the night away. Mike asked me if I wanted to got to Cargo Bar. I declined, mainly cause I'm tired, my foot hurts, and I don't have any laundry!! I need to go shopping badly.
So plans for the weekend. Tomorrow I'm going sailing. I signed up for this trip organized by SUV. For $30 we get a lesson and a sail ride with 4 people per boat and get to actually sail it! Then no plans for Saturday night yet, but don't be surprised if I write about going to Candy's again! Then Sunday, I might go to the zoo, take a ferry across the harbour. And then hit up Temple in the evening for some trance ch00nage!

Enjoy the pics! TGIF!!!
It amazes me how beautiful the city is. I don't want to leave...

No comments: