Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The time is just flying by...

It certainly does... David's time in Australia is quickly winding down *tear*

Before, David missed a lot of interesting details in his past blog updates. But one thing I would like to mention is that it was SUPER COOL to have the Carpet Python slither up my arm. At one point, it has a good grip around my arm and was slowly tightening it. Then the zookeeper came and put him back on his post. I think the little python liked me. His skin was so smooth and leathery - just like what a snake skin purse feels like. (ps I don't endorse killing animals) (pps but I do have an ostrich skin wallet)(ppps but that was a beautiful gift from David, send him the hate mail)... err... I'll move on now...

So after the Sanctuary, we had a fabulous dinner at Pat's house with his family and other guests. An amazing BBQ with fantastic food. (Even though we were STUFFED with all the great food Jacinta's mom gave us!) We easily put on 5 lbs each that week! Then after some great dinner conversation, wine and food, Pat, Jac, Dave and I headed to the "Little Italy" part of Melbourne for some gelato and coffee.

Friday, Dave and I explored the city some more. Then chilled out Friday evening at Jacinta's new house. Saturday morning, we helped Pat move to his new place in the city and they kindly drove us to the Airport for our flight back to Sydney.

Pat and Jac's hospitality and generousity made our trip really fantastic. They showed us around and we got to see A LOT of Melbourne and the surrounding area. It was a great week! (Thanks guys!)

By the time we got home Saturday night, we were pooped! We got some Thai food and crashed.

Sunday we headed to Bondi Beach. We did the coastal walk from Bondi to Coogee. It was great weather and the views were amazing as usual. Dave took us through this crazy rock climbing path along the water. I was scared for my life at some points. And often we encountered nude sun bathers... guess they didn't expect people to be going that way!

We got home Sunday, made dinner and took a nap. Later that night we headed to Home in Darling Harbour for Godskitchen. OMG!!! Was is EVER good! Matt Harwick, Above and Beyond, Eddie Halliwell and Cosmic Gate. Tracks were great, we had an awesome view from the top level and I just danced the whole night. Matt was better than I expected... mainly because I didn't know what to expect. A&B were amazing as usual! Played "Black is the Colour" and "Satellite" and "Alone Tonight" and I almost lost my voice. Eddie is just amazing to see mix - the way he can use that mixer is INCREDIBLE. Didn't stay long for Cosmic Gate because David was quite tired and I won't even tell you what time (in the morning) we left.

Monday was Labour Day here, so we slept in, until noon and then headed to Coogee Beach for some sun. But the sun was hidden behind some pesky clouds and we headed back to the City. We walked around and I bought David 2 wool sweaters from David Jones (as a early birthday gift). It's so they'll keep him warm when he's working in Northern Alberta. LOL
Tried making curry later that night for dinner, but the sauce we had bought was too sweet. Finished the night with some tea and Tim Tams!

Tuesday (today) we woke up early (aka 6am) and took a 2 hour train to Blue Mountains. We walked all day (from 10 to 5pm) and only breaking for pictures and lunch. It was absolutely beautiful! We did the cliff walk, then descended into the rainforest, around the Three Sisters, then continuing on to Scenic World and climbing the Ferber Stairs and finishing the loop at Echo Point. WHAT A DAY!! Truly a fantastic way to spend the day, but now our feet and legs are sore... still, it was worth it.









After a long funfilled day...

No comments: