Sunday, July 30, 2006

Partying at Darling Harbour

Friday was a girl’s night out. My roommate Sasha asked me if I wanted to join her friends on a night out and I gladly accepted. Sasha introduced me to her friends Martina (from Poland), Ester (from Austria) and another girl (from Singapore) whose name I didn’t quite catch. We first went to the Well, which is the bar in the Village. They were giving away free booze, so I had a few vodka lemon spritzer. We stayed there until 11 when it closed and then took an hour to figure out what to do next. Half the group wanted to stay in Newtown, the other half wanted to go into the city. Finally we decided to go to the city and we hopped in a cab and headed for Darling Harbour. The Asian man who drove us there found us quite amusing to say the least. Cab rides are always fun.

We started off our little lounge-hop. Gladly some of the other girls where as cheap as I was… I didn’t want to spend a lot of money. So we went to Home Bar which was supposed to be $5 to enter, so we turned to go somewhere else, when a girl just a 1 meter away from the door was giving away free entry cards. So we headed in and there were a few different rooms. Home Nightclub had an enormous line and no doubt, a cover to match it, but I will definitely be checking out Sydney’s biggest club before I leave. We stayed at the adjacent Home Bar, had a round off shots and danced. Sasha and I stayed in the small room with house music… we were the only ones dancing. And the others went to the R&B room. It was so beautiful to dance, and look out across the harbour and see all the lights. The weather was perfect and the atmosphere was fun.

We then walked along the dock to the next lounge, Pontoon. It was full of old school R&B, full of young people, full of nasty guys and full of cougars. Not my scene, but we stayed there a bit to appease the others. After that, we went to Cargo Bar… again, some good house music. Again, we danced some more. We literally danced until our feet hurt and couldn’t do it anymore. So we headed back into a cab and arrived back at the village around 2:30am. It was a fun night and looking forward to many more just like that.

(PS no pictures because I didn’t bring a purse and didn’t want to be a complete tourist)

No comments: