Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Finally - in the land down under

Departed: Sunday 6pm (Toronto time)
Landed: Tues 6am (Sydney time)

There were two legs of the trip:
YYZ-->LAX = 5 hours
LAX --> SYD = 14 hours

It was long... enough said.

I slept which was good and met a woman and her son going back to Melbourne. My luggage was okay despite being flustered at the last minute as I checked in my luggage in Toronto. They let me into the country (yes! that little visa number printout from the web actually worked)
Sat next to a baby who screamed at the top of his lungs when he was sad, happy, excited, scared, wanted to drink, wanted to poo, wanted to do anything! Thank goodness for earplugs, an eyemask and a super great travel pillow... but it was still annoying. Got some good shots from the air but as we landed in Sydney I was on the west side so I didn't get the awesome sunrise view until we turned around and finally landed.

Overall... not looking forward to doing that again in 6 months.


Somewhere before LAX

View of LA

Ship in the Pacific just before SYD

Just before touchdown


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really cool airplane pics L! you didnt send those to me!!

cool!

D