Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Land Down Under - Men at Work

G'day! How ya goin'?

Wow! 4 new posts tonight.. this makes 5. I probably won't be posting like this when uni(veristy) starts and make more friends to go out.. but enjoy it for now.

I also talked to my friend Pat in Melbourne, who David and I met in Europe. He'll be teaching me some Ausy slang. Today was g'day. But I also learned "how ya goin" is like "how are you", pretty easy. But what I have to be careful of is "eh" means you don't care for what has just been said... similar to "meh". And I should replace at the end of every sentence, my "eh?" to "yeah" with emphasis on pronouncing the 'y'... hehe. (PS: I say' eh' quite a bit!)

Lastly, everytime I read, or say or type "land down under" I hear the tune of the song in my head. It's a catchy song, here are the lyrics.

Traveling in a fried-out combie
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

Lying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me
Because I come from the land of plenty?"
And he said,

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

1 comment:

the5cientist said...

Amazing posts... keep them up. I think you'll find that the first 2 months you'll be posting a lot!

Enjoy your time... it will FLY by.

Paul