Thursday, July 06, 2006

My First Post

So starts another chapter in my life...

I've been thinking about going to Australia since October 2004. 'Thinking' turned to 'seriously considering', which turned in to 'planning' and now, it will be a reality in 3 days.

I can't believe that it is happening. I've waited so long and wanted it so bad. I'm sure I annoyed tons of people just talking about it constantly (which will obviously only get more obnoxious once I get there). So be prepared ;)

So this blog will let you, someone who is remotely interested, know how I'm doing in the land of Down Under. I'll try to keep it updated with pictures, funny stories, rants (cause you know I always have something to complain about) and reflections. Maybe I'll find myself. Maybe I'll know what I want to do for the rest of my life. Where I want to be. Maybe I'll just have so much fun, I won't want to leave. Maybe, maybe, maybe .... Anything can happen.

The past few weeks... days... have been bittersweet. Finished my work term after a successful 13 months. A great birthday celebration was followed by a fantastic weekend in Algonquin Park. Now I'm busy, busy, busy getting my stuff ready to go. Sunday at 6pm I'll be on my way to Sydney (via LA) for 6 months. I'll be studying Chem Eng (w00t!) and Sydney University. Then I'll be traveling up the east coast in December. Returning Jan 4 to (boring, old) Mississauga... boo!

So to all my family and friends... I wish you all farewell for now. I will try hard to keep in touch.

Some parting thoughts...

Special thanks to my parents - god only know how crazy I drive them with my wild ideas and adventures. They've been a great support and always the encourage me to be the best and take advantage of all the opportunities before me (even if it means my mom won't sleep for the next 6 months!) Their love and support mean the world to me and I'm soooooo lucky to have parents like them.

I'm sorry I'll be missing Plant Design @ UofT... HAHAHAHA - yeah right! Who am I kidding!?! I *will* miss giggling in the front row with Steph and Diana... don't worry I'll be back in January and we'll have one last good semester together and get our Iron Rings. I will be sad to leave the familiarity of it all, but that's the whole point of this - to try something new, exciting and challenging.

Thank you Kraft! Now after a year of partying and making money, I'll have to buckle down to study and spend it all. This whole trip wouldn't have been possible had I not worked this past year. (I *would* have more money to take with me had I not went to the Guv, like, 20 times this year plus doing a bunch of other random fun stuff... hehe... but I don't regret it at all!)

And lastly... a big huge thanks to David. You have been so supportive and helpful and loving. You heard all my ranting and helped me with my endless questions. You kept telling me this would be good for me and that I should do it. Your encouragement and support has been my strength. I will miss you so much, words can't describe. We've had so much fun this past year, we've shared so many laughs and memories. I'm sad I can't share this experience with you. But this is the path we will take and we will stay strong. What we have is so special and a little distance won't get in the way. Elephants never forget. I love you.

I have lots more to say - I do like to talk a lot. But for now, good bye to Toronto (my favorite city - for now at least). I will miss everyone. But I know the 6 months will go by in a flash and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: