Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Last Weekend at Home

It was tough... knowing that I would leave for 6 months and spending as much time at home with my family and David was very important to me. I really started to hit how much I love them and how much I miss them.

My mom made tons of food! David and Chris (my sis' boyfriend) spent Saturday and Sunday with us. David was super helpful with packing and making my mom laugh. We had a great BBQ on both days with cappuccinos following.

On Saturday, my family got together and gave me an enormous card signed by everyone and my sis made a cute t-shirt for me. There's an iron on picture of both of us. I cried... it was so sweet. I love it.

It really meant a lot to me to spend that time with them and also that they've welcomed David into out quirky bunch and really got to know each other. Thank you so much.

I felt it in third year when I moved downtown and more so now that family is important and I take for granted when I am around them. Even when we don't get along or see each other for a day or two, I still love them. Sadly, it is only realized when we're apart, but I do realize it. I cried so much that weekend saying good bye and knowing it'd be the last time I see them for a while... I know it's only 6 months and time will fly... but they are my family and a huge part of my life.




Breakfast at Lillian's - blueberry pancakes, fresh fruit and peameal bacon

BBQ #1: outside

We badass, yo!

Nah... we're just two sistahs... err... sisters (Check out the shirt!)

Mom, Me and Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

had a great time at your house that weekend L!

Bluet Pancakes and Peameal bacon = sooo good!