Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Outback Tour Ends

I made it up to Darwin. The past week has been great. In Alice Springs we visited a baby kangaroo rescue centre. Then we headed north to Devil's Marbles and a cattle ranch to feed some kangaroos. They were so cute. There was a little calf that really loved me and kept sucking my fingers - he just kept following me around! Went swimming in rock pools and natural springs and visited over 5 falls and went swimming under most of them (the ones that were croc free!). Went canoeing in Katherine Gorge, swimming at Florence Falls in Litchfield, Baramundi and Jim Jim Falls in Kakadu. We went on a crocodile cruise and saw some in the wild! You don't want to mess with them! Saw some really cool aboriginal art and met lots more people on this tour. The guides were great and we even did some cliff jumping. The tallest was about 7 m which isn't too high but was still pretty scary. The area here is green and lush and tropical. The weather has been hot and humid though. Last night we went out to celebrate the end of the tour and it was lots of fun. I won a pitcher of beer!

Heading to the east coast tonight. First stop is Cairns. Can't wait to just sit on the beach and work on my tan.

(Trying to upload pics and it's not working - so I'm giving up :P
I'l try some other time or you all can wait till I'm back in Toronto.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we want pictures!

glad you are having fun!

D