Saturday, November 04, 2006

Last Weekend at SUV/Newtown

I'm getting nervous just thinking about. I've had butterflies growing in my stomach for a few days now. I'll be leaving soon to live out of a backpack and start a new adventure.

Last weekend in Sydney has been pretty good. Friday night, I met up with Carrie, her sister Monica and boyfriend Ian. We went to the Rocks and there was a moonlight party thing happening. There was a stage set up for live music, a beer garden and the markets were open. Lots of stalls with unique and often very beautiful artwork and crafts. We had 2 beers at a nearby pub then went to Il Caminetto for dinner. Monica and I shared a pizza which was okay. It came to us lukewarm and the waitress was really rude. Then we went to the 36th floor of the Shangri-La hotel to Horizon's bar. Ian was very generous and bought us all cocktails. We sat and chatted and listened to the music and enjoyed the view of the city. By then we were all pretty tired even though it wasn't too late, so we taxied home. They are really nice people and a lot of fun too. Oh yeah... did I mention they are twins?

Me and Monica

Carrie and Ian

Saturday I spent the whole day in the city doing some shopping. I bought a cute dress for $20 and a cardigan. I walked to Darling Harbour and has some lunch overlooking the harbour. As I ate, a woman with maracas and a guy playing a little guitar walked and sang. It was really cute.


Then I came home and started cleaning up. I threw out a lot of junk I had collected over the past few months. Then Brenden and Mike came over. We chilled out a bit then headed to Cargo Bar - my new favourite place. The Dj (same one that was there last week) played such awesome music. Every song just made us dance even harder. At 4am when they closed we walked through the rain and caught cabs home.

It's really eerie putting everything back into my suitcase. I clearly remember taking everything out. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. I'm just speechless... hard to describe the mix of emotions and thoughts going through me. I have still quite a number of things to do. So I'm off for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you're having lots of fun!

crazy how time flies, hey?

its cold in red deer

love david