Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Why oh why....

... do I spend massive amounts of time at uni in the computer lab. It's simple... whether you are in Toronto or Sydney or Timbucktoo, chemical engineering is shithouse and there is way too much work to do in a short amount of time. But I guess I have to do it during the week, if I want to keep my 'no homework on the weekend' rule. I already know that I won't want to be designing plants or distillation columns or anything like that for a full time job.

Now that I'm done whinging, I'll continue my procrastination and detail the weekend plans even though I know if you're reading this you may not really care, but at least when I'm procrastinating back in Toronto, I can re-read my blog, so I need all the material I can get. A good procrastinator will always plan ahead for future procrastinating opportunities. (god, I'm lame)

So... continuing on...
Friday night is a party at Kristen's and Harri's who are celebrating their b-days. It's a costume party but I won't be dressing up - don'ty have a costume and don't feel like spending money on one. Maybe I'll dress up like a Canadian. Then Mike is DJing at Candy's Apartment that night - it's going to be awesome! So we'll hit that up later.

Saturday morning will be left to recovering. Then Saturday is Alicia's 21st birthday. It's going to be huge - 200 people are expected. They go all out here for their 21st birthdays. I have to buy a dress and shoes and a purse and maybe some accessories for that night. It's cocktail attire and I don't have anything that says "cocktail!"

Sunday I'll spend the day cleaning up the apartment and running errands. Maybe doing uni work if I can't finish it by Friday. Then at 6:30am on Monday, David arrives!! Oh I can't wait. I'm so excited to show him around and spend the 3 weeks with him. We'll have to much to do and so much to see.

Seems like the weekends just go by in a flash. I'm happy David is coming because it'll break the routine a little and I'll do more sightseeing (among other reasons). Plus it'll get me out of the computer lab!

I just can't wait for the weekend.

NOTE: I know a number of people read this blog. I know it's not always entertaining, and I promise there will be more pictures soon. But leave comments - don't be shy... I love reading what you guys and gals have to say. Plus... again, it's more material for procrastination. Work with me people!

(yeah.. can you tell I've been in front of the computer looking at engineering calculations for too long. I'm going insane!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Lil! Shoot me! Plant design is driving me nuts and its only the second week of school :( Alas, my life is over...

Glad to hear Dave is going down to Australia... How romantic... Awww... I'm such a sucker...

Ttyl! Take care!

Diana

Anonymous said...

Whaddya mean you're not having fun sizing distillation columns?? :P

Just think of this when u are doing it and feel urself going nuts:

"Professor, if we turn the distillation column upside down, does the condenser become the reboiler?"

Steph

Lillian said...

HAHAHAHA!! omg steph! that made me burst out laughing!