Sunday, September 17, 2006

A quick update.... with Pictures!

Just wanted to give you a quick update (and quick because it is midnight and I have to be at the airport at 7am to meet David, so I need my beauty sleep but I'm so excited I can't) of how my week has been. So despite being at school until midnight everynight working on the Design project (and I still feel like I haven't done enough and I'm not expecting a good mark. I'm just so sick of it, I can't look at it anymore and I'm going to hand it in the way it is now.)

Friday night I went dress shopping for Alicia's 21st but no luck. I went to Kristen's for the Halloween party. Lots of people dressed up. The cutest and best costume was Barlow's Fred Flintstone and his girlfriend Catherine, was Wilma! She is so cute. What a great girl. Then after some drinks and speaking Portuguese for an hour with two (sleezy-ish) Brazilians, a few of us left to go to Mike's gig at Candy's Apartment. Kristine and her boyfriend where too tired to go and most others hadn't planned on going. So it was just the usual, Mike, Brenden, Ming, Azra and myself and a girl, Pei (I think that's her name and if it is, I think that's how you spell it) from the party who I had briefly met during orientation (2 months ago!). She was cool and seemed to have a good time. So some good dancing, but the place wasn't too busy. It was nice to be in the back room because it wasn't smokey. Mike did a good job despite having a broken mixer and no head phones. The night was over pretty quickly and I someone found myself in a my bed.
Catherine as Wilma

Barlow as Fred and me looking like I'm on crack!

The birthday girl, Harri as a witch

Darth Vadar... not as sexy as the real one though.
After too much vodka...
Kristen, me and Pei

Saturday started off pretty crazy. A swarm of bees congregated outside our apartment. I watched it all unfold from my window. It was so gross... hundreds of bees and they all flew around and hten slowly started piling up on the wall until there was a big black mass of bees. Some braniacs next door decided it's be fun to throw at ball at them. Alicia, her friend Helen, Sasha and I just squealed and screamed for a good half hour watching the whole thing. Once they were hit, a number of them just piled up on the floor, presumedly dead and surpringly, the others just kept on with their business. It was the freakiest thing I've ever seen, next to the hail storm. So of course I took pictures.

Attack of the bees... it begins.

The swarm still on the wall, but a pile of them on the floor after the ball was thrown. Notice the big black mass on the wall... yeah... that wasn't there before. It's all BEES!

Then I went into the city to go dress shopping. I went to Paddy's market and found some really cute stuff. It was a successful day and I bought a dress, purse and shoes. I came out, got ready and then left with Sasha and Heather (the girl who used to live in my room). The party was slow to pick up but the drinks were cheap and there were some yummy snacks. Mike, Ming and Brenden joined us (Alicia had invited them because she need to increase the number of guys). There were some lovely and funny speeches and a cupcake tower. Some dancing later as well, but drunk people kept changing the songs.

Sexy (and drunk with two bottles of champagne in her arms) Alicia

Me in my very Canadian outfit (red and white and I DIDN'T plan it)


Me, Sasha and Heather

Mike, not paying attention to the camera (as usual)
But now he is...

Ming and Brenden (aka B-styles)

Then when we had to leave because it was a funcition room in a club house and they were closing, we headed down the street to Cargo Bar on Darling Harbour. There was a massive line, but with all the hot girls, we got into the exclusive upstairs lounge. It was super packed and most people were pushing and shoving. It was hard to enjoy and eventually, Sasha and I got separated from teh birthday crowd and stuck with Brenden and Ming. As we left, the music started to pick up but we were tired and our feet hurt! Kindly, Ming drove us home and we met up with Alicia who was home as well (she ended her night early becuase a lot of people had gone home and her feet were sore).

At Cargo Lounge, overlooked the water.

Harbour at night... again! It's my fav place to party

Sunday (today) was the worst wekend day I've had this whole time...I spent it in the computer lab finishing up my report which is 40 pages long! I wasn't the only one there, a handful of people where working on thesis. I came home and went on a little cleaning spree to get things ready for David. I vaccuumed, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and organized things in my room. So now I'm all ready and I can't wait to see him. I'm just sad because I know the time will just fly by and I still have some uni work that I can't ignore. Oh well... it'll be great to see him, spend some time in the city together and have fun when we can.

It'l be hard to get up tomorrow morning but it'll be worth it! Only 7 more hours!

PS Yeah.. so it wasn't such a 'quick update' ...I like to blog, what can I say :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're retarded...but I guess I still like you (I kinda have to cause Im your sis) Any-how, I didn't think Dave was coming sooo soon! Tell him to check his damn e-mail cause I don know how to download torrents and I can;t for the life of me figure out how to download Toast 7.
For one of my classes I have to keep a blog too from Blogger...I'd invite you to read but Ill be writing about why it's important to STUDY communication. What fun! (shoot me now)
And one more thing...when you come to Portugal you better damn well be there EVERY single DAY and MINUTE with me. You're are NOT leaving me alone with mom and dad, especially if Chris comes (which he might) you can't just leave us hanging around Cantanhede while mom and dad are with the contractor. Ok! Forget this working in Europe shit, I will kill you.

-Love always, that little 18 going on 19 year old bugger.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.