Thursday, December 28, 2006

Last Days of traveling... coming to an end.

Spent my last few days in Byron Bay relaxing, hanging out with the Whitby boys (Jon, Sean, and Dave) and going to Nimbin, small, weird, hoppy town. BBQ on the beach on Christmas day was nice. But the weather could have been better. Had a quiet night in, after hanging out with the Swedish girls at their hostel.


Boxing Day was spent being lazy. Went to the beach and it was cold, so I just curled up in my towel and fell asleep on the sand. Had a fun night that night at the hostel with fellow Canadians.

Sean, Jon, Dave a.k.a Whitby Boys

I was feeling a bit lonely and bored one night so I spent some time in the quiet reading room of the hostel. And along came the cutest cat ever and just rested on my chest and fell asleep. Luckily, some girls came into the room and kindly took a picture for me. How cute!! It brightened my spirits instantly.
Then off to the little town of Nimbin with the two Mississauga boys (Eric and Mike) I had met. At night, Sean and Dave walked me to the lighthouse and I saw the most beautiful sunset of my life. It was breathtaking! A beautfiul way to end the most amazing 2 months of my life. See for yourself.

The boys walked me to the bus stop and saw me off for my overnight trip to Sydney. And here I am. In the big city... feels weird, sad and exciting. So much to do in the next week. Lots of people to catch up with, lots of partying to do and shopping! Next 2 things I'm looking forward to is NYE Fireworks over the bridge and spending time with David (before I see him again in a few months... *cries*).I can't believe it's almost over.... my god! 6 months went by in a flash!! I most likely won't update this until I'm back in Canada. So until then... Happy New Year and all the best.

No comments: